Monday, July 28, 2008

It's A Family Affair

The weekend of my 23rd birthday was the absolutely the last day I could take having that couch standing up on its end in my studio apartment. So my mother, aunt and sister and I decide to just get it out ourselves...
Attempt #1 - the elevator: apparently god did not create men and women equally because some how the two Croatian guys were able to get it in the elevator and up to my place. the four of us females could not do it
Attempt #2 - the stairs: two black men were able to get the very same couch up the stairs on a different occasion. but somehow the four of us could not do it
Attempt #3 - the fire escape: the most dangerous way to get a couch down stairs is most definitely via fire escape. but the four of us women with the watchful eye of my nana (because i just knew cops were going to come down that alley way) were able to get this gigantor couch from the 4th floor to the 2nd floor landing. from the 2nd floor landing is where we threw it off the fire escape onto the ground.
now that's love...

lesson learned: when your mother tells you not to take the couch, don't take the damn couch!

No comments: